Casa Primicia Rioja 12 Bottle Mixed Case
Case of 12 bottles of rioja:
- 4 bottles of vina diezmo joven, Young red wine, aged in oak barrels for 3 months: superb quality for price: 14% proof, 100% tempranillo
- 4 bottles of red crianza, aged for 12 months. 100% tempranillo: smooth, balanced and flavoursome: 14% proof. 100% Tempranillo. Grapes from vineyards over 35 years old 12 months in 2nd-year American oak casks. Good frutal intensity and woody tones chosen to sit well with the structure as a whole. Medium-layer cherry-ruby. Smooth entry with gentle tannins, light balsamic notes. Balanced and flavoursome.
- 4 bottles of superior monovarietales:
- 1 bottle of rioja garnacha. Red monovarietal: 100% garnacha. Aged for 10 months. Velvet with gentle tannins, well structured with a balsamic finish.13.5% proof. A wine with a very varietal, complex nose. Good balance between fully ripe red fruits and creamy oak: well assembled. Cherry ruby, somewhat more covered at the edges. Velvety entry into the mouth, with gentle tannins, well structured with a balsamic finish.
- 1 botttle of rioja mazuelo: 100% Mazuelo. Aged in American oak casks for 10 months and subsequently bottled. Highly complex, with great depth and personality. Ripe black fruits with a hint of compote (fruit cooked in syrup) and floral sensations. Well-covered garnet red, more open meniscus. Fills the palate completely: fine, with good acidity. Firm structure and tannins: a long-lived wine.
- 1 bottle of rioja tempranillo: 100% Tempranillo. Grapes selected from vineyards of about 35 years of age. Controlled fermentation at 28 to 30 degrees over 8 days. American oak casks for 14 months. Complex, clean and fine. Most noticeable are touches of red fruits, dairy (cream), and fine smoked aromas accompanied by notes reminiscent of liqueurs. Well-covered, intense cherry, clean and translucent. Flavoursome, full, well-constituted, with fine tannins. Fresh and pleasant as it passes over the tongue, leaving a fine, lactic and balsamic finish.